All Patriots’ Path Council Cub Scout Packs
Subject: Family Scouting and Cub Scout Pack Designation for the 2018-2019 Program Year
As you already know, the BSA’s Board of Directors recently approved a plan to invite girls and young women into all Scouting programs. Requirements in Scouting programs will remain the same - regardless of gender.
Starting September 2018, you have the OPTION to have girls involved in your pack. The decision to invite girls into a pack is completely voluntary and should be discussed with your chartered organization, pack committee, and pack families.
Please fill out the linked Cub Scout Pack Designation Form HERE to let us know how your pack and chartered organization intend to move forward for the 2018-2019 program year.
There are three options from which to choose:
1. Remain an all-boy pack for the 2018-2019 program year
2. Convert to a Family Scouting pack (serving Boys and Girls K-5)
· Packs will have a combination of all-girl dens and all-boy dens
· Both genders can be included in spring recruitment efforts
· Both genders may start den-level activities as early as June 2018 –AND- attend Cub Scout day camp
3. Start a new all-girl pack
NOTE: All activities involving girl Cub Scouts MUST have at least one Youth-Protection-trained female, age 21 years or older in attendance. It is not required for this female to be a registered Scout leader.
Rules for BSA Family Packs
A. BOTH the chartered organization and pack committee must agree to adopt the Family Scouting Pack model.
· You will need to contact your chartered organization right away and assure they are in agreement that your pack becomes a “Family Scouting Pack” that serves both boys and girls.
· If you need assistance with this, please contact us at 358PPCFamilyScouting@scouting.org
B. Interested packs submit a Cub Scout Pack Designation Form, confirming their interest in converting to a Family Scouting pack, to the Family Scouting committee.
· Once your form is received, council will provide instructions for your pack on how to edit your BeAScout pin, and our membership committee will be updated so that they may refer girls to your pack
· We can also extend help to you through our Family Scouting district champions
Thank you for considering being a Family Scouting pack. Please contact us with any questions, at 358PPCFamilyScouting@scouting.org.